Friday, October 21, 2011

Oh The Places You'll Go....

One of my favorite Dr. Suess Books out there. I often give it as a graduation present (along with $$$, of course)...



I love to travel! And while I'd love to see some exciting, exotic places, my job only requires me to go to the occasional college campus. So, here's where I've been over the past month...

Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX
Lubbock isn't exactly the most exciting place, but the Tech campus is pretty. I did manage to get in a good 5-miler around the campus and there is an excellent steakhouse on the outskirts of town.


Texas A&M
College Station, TX



Well, this is my alma matter, so I am a bit partial to this campus. WHOOP! I'll admit, there isn't much to do in College Station either, but I thoroughly enjoyed my 6-miler around the campus! The Spirit of Aggieland is alive and well - while running through campus, I passed many groups from the Corps of Cadets who gave me an enthusiastic "Howdy" as our paths crossed. I also enjoyed seeing how much the campus has changed since my days there, but was happy to see some of my favorite places were still there!


(not to be confused with CO school of Mimes)
Golden, CO


Okay, I have to admit - I LOVE Colorado! I want to move there. Really, I do. I had been to Denver multiple times for work, but had never been to Golden. It's a quaint, cute town with awesome mountain views everywhere. My hotel overlooked Clear Creek, which was just gorgeous. The college is excellent if you want a technical degree, but don't want to attend a huge school like A&M or t.u. I would be willing to go to campus recruiting events here anytime. And, I had a great 4-miler, but the hills and altitude were killer! We also went to dinner at a great steakhouse (owned by Landry's, go figure) with an amazing view of Denver!


I wish I could say the views from my last week at home were this pretty. However, my views have been mostly of the inside of a chiropractor's office and of this:


5 comments:

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Colorado is one of my favorite states! Hope you see less of that dr office soon!

Anne said...

Do take good care of that neck/shoulder...hopefully you'll be visiting nicer places than the chiropractor soon! Hugs ((()))

Unknown said...

I have a facination with Colorado as well. My best friend lives there and it's just gorgeous. It's such an active place too. Everyone is always running, biking, skiing or just outside. The ONLY thing is that I'm a wimp when it's cold! Any snow at all would kill me!

Anne said...

There's sometimes nothing more invigorating than running at your alma mater (Go Aggies!). And I had to laugh at the final photo. I carry a roll-on of that in my purse now!

Jill said...

I've never seen the Biofreeze roll-on, I will have to look for it.

Next time you are in Denver - or vicinity - you must give me a call and we'll hook up :). Golden is such a neat town, along with School of Mines.