Monday, June 17, 2013

Catching Up

Wow, time has flown and so much has been going on!!!

The family took a Disney Cruise over Spring Break and we had the most amazing time!  I will recap it in the coming weeks.
Such an awesome trip...we didn't want it to end!!!


I've been rocking the P90X/Insanity hybrid workouts while the Hubs has been training for IMTX.  I've only been running 1 - 2x per week, but that is about to change.




I survived my first Color Run!

Most awesome group of ladies ever!!!

I started a new job.  In Downtown.  Again.  Great company, less than great commute...Thank God for my bus pass!

Back to enjoying the spectacular views....


New job sent me to Denver....and I experienced my first snow storm, lol!

Yes, I walked through this to a local brewery to get the Hubs a pint glass...he better love me! :-)


We tried our hand at Geocaching.  We love it, but it's that time of year...I spotted my first couple of snakes in the woods and well, that ended the Geocaching until the Fall!

Our first geocaching find!!!

We had a great spring! 
Mommy's making us take these silly pictures...

We went to a Aeros game!!!  Although now we're bummed, because the Aeros are moving away.  No more hockey in Houston, bummer!

Yes, we love hockey...just keep feeding us cotton candy!

We celebrated the Munchkin's 5th birthday!
 
The 5 year old and his Spidey cake!

We went to an Astros game.  The Astros lost to the Rangers...no surprise there!

Awww, brother/sister love goin' on!

The Hubs lost a friend and co-worker.  RIP Larry Candelari.

Real super heroes don't wear capes!

The hubs and I decided to train for the Goofy Challenge, which is in January. We went back and forth for about a week trying to decide if we should do this new Dopey Challenge...finally, we decided that if we can't walk a lot (because we're saving our legs for races), we can't eat like we're on vacation (cause we have races to do), we can't indulge in the adult beverages (because we have to be race ready)...then why in the hell would be want to be at Disney for that long?  That's no vacation!!! :0)

source


The Hubs is officially an IRONMAN...I am so freaking proud and excited about this!  I will post my race re-cap from the spectator's point of view and the Hubs will post his full race report.


And well, there's probably more, but that's it in a nutshell.  I look forward to getting into a regular blogging routine again and to reading your blogs again!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats to your husband!

And you'll have to post your thoughts about the hybrid insanity stuff. There's a crossfit craze going on here but I'll stick to my occasional P90X dvds.

Mom too G's said...

Been checking for updates... Missed your blog

K said...

Kind of fun doing update posts! See all the good and fun stuff that keeps us so busy!
Congrats on the new job, and of course to your husband. It was a good day out there!
Enjoy the day!!

Teamarcia said...

So good to see you posting! Congrats to your hubs and on your job (minus the commute). Gosh your kids are cuties! Geocaching would come to an abrupt end for me as well if there were snakes involved. Eeeek!