Monday, July 15, 2013

Goofy Challenge Training - Week 2

Marathon training has begun!  Okay, so I didn't post a re-cap of week 1 and I am not going to bore you with the details...so I'm just picking it up at week 2.

Monday, 7/8 - Brazil Butt Lift - Boom Boom
Yes this workout is cheesy, but it works!  I try not to do this one the day before I run, because I am super sore the next day.

Tuesday, 7/9 - 3 mile run, P90X Ab Ripper X
Nothing noteworthy here..decent tempo run, but the heat and humidity are awful.

Wednesday, 7/10 - P90X - Shoulders, Chest and Tris -and- 30 minute swim
I love this P90X workout...lots of push-ups and hand weights!  And, this was my first time in the pool since I was training for TriGirl last August.  I just swam - no drills or anything - I was just checking to be sure I still could swim. I actually felt better in the pool than I thought I would, although it may not have been the smartest move to do an arm workout before trying to swim!

Thursday, 7/11 - 3 mile run
This was a totally craptastic run...we all have those, right?  I don't know what happened, but I actually walked a bit.  Twice.

Friday, 7/12 - Rest day/Ab Ripper X
I really wanted to get in one more really good leg workout, but my right hip flexor has been sore for a couple of days and I am doing my "long" run tomorrow...I decided to make it a rest day, but still throw in some ab work.

Saturday, 7/13 - Run, 4 miles
I was pretty excited that this weekend is the 1st weekend of Woodlands Fit!  This year, I am volunteering as Assistant Coach for the full-marathon red group.  The inlaws were in town, which meant that the Hubs and I were able to get in a 4-miler (together!) before heading over to where the group be doing our time trials.  The time trials help us establish which pace group the runners will be in. We had a great turn out and it was awesome meeting all of our new victims runners.  Fun times!!!

Sunday, 7/14 - 25 mi Bike, 1 hour kickball
I have been back on the bike for about a month now.  I am fortunate enough to have a great place to ride within a mile of my house -and- a friend who is willing to ride with me each week!  We are both training for an upcoming tri and have just started riding consistently again.  We are pretty much the same pace, so we're able to talk while we ride and catch up on what's been going on over the week.  It's been fun!  We've had a few other folks ride with us here and there...the more the merrier!

And yes, that does say KICKBALL.  The Hubs and I joined a fun group of folks who play (red solo cup) Kickball every Sunday afternoon.  It's a more grown-up version of kickball where red solo cup is provided and each player is required to keep their cup filled to the top O at all times.  So you kick with the cup in hand, run with the cup, catch the ball with the cup, and in my case yesterday, faceplant with your cup.  It's a blast and a good way to get in some sprinting. :-)

This is me kicking...I think I need to work on my form, lol!  Thanks to Chelsi for all the great action shots!

What are you training for right now?  How's it going?  When was the last time you played kickball?

1 comment:

Anne said...

That kickball sounds like lots of fun :) Good job on a great week of training!!