GOOFY CHALLENGE TRAINING WEEK 4 -and- OILMAN 70.3 TRAINING WEEK 1
(more on the 70.3 later....)
Monday, July 29
- 35 minute endurance run
- 40 minute endurance swim
- 10x50 w/30 seconds rest
- 5 x 100 w/30 seconds rest
- 10 x 50 w/20 seconds rest alternating one freestyle with one kickboard
- 1 hour endurance bike (spin class!!!)
- 1 hours core/strength - ab ripper & shoulder/bi/tri
Wednesday, July 31
- 40 minute endurance run
- 45 minute endurance swim
- 300 swim, 200 pull easy, 100 kick w/kickboard
- 3x200 moderate effort on 40 seconds rest
- 6x50 swim easy (long strokes and good form) w/20 seconds rest
- 1 hour bike (spin class)
- 20 minutes core (Ab Ripper X & Planks)
- Rest (was planning a short run, but it didn't happen)
- Rest - picked up race packet!!!
Sunday, August 4
- Bridgeland Sprint Tri (race report to come!!!)
GOOFY CHALLENGE TRAINING WEEK 5 -and- OILMAN 70.3 TRAINING WEEK 2
This will be brief, since we were on vacation and my exact training plan was not followed....
Monday, August 5
- 1 hour run...the hubs and I got to run together on the trails of Purgatory Creek in San Marcos. So fun!
- Vacation day = rest
- 40 minute tempo run...trails again, but this time in San Antonio!
- 40 minute bike....on the stationary bike at the hotel gym. Yuck!
- Core and strength...again, using the weights at the hotel gym
- Do hours of walking at Sea World count????
- 50 minute endurance run...conflicted with Goofy training, ran for an hour - half on the hotel treadmill in the pre-dawn hours, 1/2 on the trails
- 2 hour, 12 minute bike...back at home again! Rode with 2 other tri-girls and had an awesome time. The schedule called for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, 10 minutes, but we were having fun and went a bit over.