Tuesday, January 31, 2012

11 Random Things

Okay, so I was recently tagged by Kathy over at Got to Keep on Running Long. And, one of the requirements of this game is that I have to tag 11 other people.  I apologize in advance, but hey, it's fun learning about our fellow bloggers, so be a good sport and play along.  Okay?  Kathy also recently posted her Houston Marathon Race Re-Cap…go check it out!

HERE ARE THE RULES...
  1. Post these rules. 
  2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
  3. Answer the questions set for you in your tagger's post.
  4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
  5. Go to their blogs and tell them you’ve tagged them
  6. No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You legitimately have to tag 11 people!

So here we go...11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME...

 
1. What is your ‘must have’ song on your playlist?

Although I think he’s a major D.B., I hafta hear Kanye’s “Stronger” during every workout. Something about the “Harder Better Faster Stronger” gets me going every time. I’ve also added David Guetta and Will.I.Am’s “I Wanna Go Crazy” and Mercy Me’s “Move” to my playlist. Excellent songs for getting the body moving!


2. Name one song on your playlist that you are embarrassed to admit is there.

Hmmm, there are probably several…the worst has to be “Good Life” from Miley Cyrus. My daughter started getting into Hannah Montana not long after the movie was released and right before the show ended. For some reason this song seemed fun at the time….now I can’t stand it, but have yet to delete it. Thank God that phase with my daughter was short lived. Not that it’s gotten better…she now loves Justin Bieber.


 
3. Given the choice would you have a housekeeper or personal chef at your beck and call?

Housekeeper. I don’t like to cook, but I hate cleaning even more!

 
4. Favorite childhood cartoon and why ... ??

I used to love, love, love Scooby Doo. I have no idea why. Maybe because "those meddling kids" solved fun  mysteries and it was slightly scary, which was exciting to the 5-year old me. It’s funny, because my kids watch it now and love it!


5. If you could pick any historical figure as your running buddy who would it be and why? (Anything goes ... Cleopatra, Napoleon, Freddy Mercury, Fred Lebow, Kurt Cobain... whatever)

Hmmmm, this one is hard for me.  I think I'd like to have coffee or tea with Audrey Hepburn.  She looks too dainty for running.  So for running, I'd probably choose Walt Disney.  He was an amazing visionary and businessman, I'd love to hear how he came up with some of his ideas and how he was brave enough to take chances when others scoffed.


6. What is your favorite board game? Are you a good sport ... or like me?

Right now, we play board games with our kids and it’s stuff like Hi-Ho Cherry-O, Candyland and Chutes & Ladders. If I had to choose a grown up game, it would be Scrabble. I used to be really good at it, but I am a bad sport...I hate to lose!  And, I have trouble sitting down long enough to play!

 
7. What is your bucket list race/tri?

Bucket list race – It would have to be a marathon with cool views like Avenue of the Giants or Big Sur. Bucket list tri – maybe an Ironman in a cool destination like New Zealand or Austria.

 
8. If you could pick one dessert to be calorie free what would it be?

Chocolate chip cookies. I was going to say chocolate cake with buttercream icing, but it’s easier to dip chocolate chip cookies in milk!


9. What was worse for you in PE class? Running laps or climbing the rope?

Climbing the rope. In my PE days, I wasn’t a runner, but I had zero upper body strength and climbing the rope was a nightmare. However, when I started learning the uneven bars in gymnastics, that quickly changed.

 
10. What is your favorite book to read over and over?

Any of the Little House on the Prairie books. I loved the series as a kid, then I re-read them as a teen. I hope my kids love them as much as I did. It was a close race between Little House and the Dark Tower Series from Stephen King.




 
11. Who was your first childhood celebrity crush? How do you feel about him/her now?

John Travolta. My parents let me see Grease when I was six and I thought he was just too cute. I still like him, but more because he’s so charismatic on screen.


So now I get to tag 11 people....please be a good sport and play along! :-)

1.  Lisa at Trying to find my Running Mojo Again
2.  Robin at Dashing Diva Fitness
3.  Tina at Gotta Run Now
4.  Duckie at Runs Like a Duck
5.  Donna at Go Mommy Go!
6.  Anne at Run DMZ
7.  Cindy at Foodie at the Finish Line
8.  Denee' at Gluten Free Girl Running
9.  NY Wolve at Never Quit Never Stop
10. Jill at Run with Jill
11. Carrie at Luminosity

And, here are your 11 questions...
  1. Where is the most unique place you've gone running?
  2. What is your favorite pre-race meal and why?
  3. If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
  4. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
  5. Did you become what you wanted to be as a kid?  What do you do?
  6. What is the scariest thing you've ever done?
  7. If you won the lottery, what would be the 1st thing you would buy?
  8. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
  9. Fill in the blank - I am a closet _______________ fan.
  10. Favorite place that you've traveled to? Why?
  11. What celebrity would you like to hang out with and why?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your favorite dessert! Check out my answers at www.dashingdiva.net Thanks for picking me!

Laura said...

I agree, a housekeeper would be amazing. :) And I love chocolate chip cookies, and the Little House on the Prairie series, too!

Teamarcia said...

Fun stuff! I am so with you on the cc cookies...and the housekeeper too. For sure. Love Scooby Doo and Little House too!

Kathy said...

Awesome! I would run with Walt any day! I bet Audrey would have made an amazing runner (short and compact).
My daughter is now reading the Little House books to me. Sigh, love, love, love it!!!

Lisa said...

You're going to make me think? ha! Will get on the post tonight. ;-)

Jill said...

me love chocolate chip cookies, too :). And Scooby Doo...all fun stuff you shared. Very fun!

Ok, I must get on my lists this week! Thanks! I think. :)

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

I'm new to your blog, and love it already!!!

Carrie said...

Love this! Thanks for the tag :) I will work on it soon!

That Pink Girl said...

Oh my cries, YES to Little House! I LOVED Laura Ingalls books growing up! I visited her birthplace in Pepin, WI a few years ago. So neat!
And now I *need* warm chocolate chip cookies and milk! Yum!