Monday, September 17, 2012

The Week's Workouts

I thought that since I am running again and actually training for something, I should get back to posting my workouts.  Here we go....

Sunday, 9/9 - Bike Ride, 1 hour
Since I am not riding the Tour de Cure, I have cut my bike rides waaaaayyyyy down.  From 2 1/2 - 3 hours, to 1 - 1 1/2 hours. I don't have any triathlons coming up either, but I love riding and it's a great form of cross training!

Monday, 9/10 - Run, 3 miles and TRX
First day at the new job and I thought this would be a great way to get rid of the 1st day jitters.  I headed out at my usual stupid-thirty and wooohooo, an awesome cool front had come through and it was an awesome 62 degrees!  Can we say awesome????

Tuesday, 9/11 - Brazilian Butt Lift
I did the "Bum Bum" workout...lots of lunges, squats, etc.  I definitely felt it!

Wednesday, 9/12 - Run, 3.5 miles
This was supposed to be 4 miles, but I pushed the snooze button one too many times.  3.5 miles - just me, the moon, stars and a few of my other crazy early morning running neighbors.

Thursday, 9/13 - TRX
A seriously butt-kicking workout...my arms felt like jello when I was driving home!

Friday, 9/14 - Rest
'Nuff said!

Saturday, 9/15 - Toughest 10K Kemah
Race report coming soon!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

So glad to see you are running again! We got that little cool front, too. I pray it stays for a while or at least until after Oct 7th. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are able to run again. I know how much us runners miss running.

K said...

Glad to see you are back at it! Let's ride together or run together or swim together soon!!! And congrats on the new job! I pray it is all that you hoped for!

PollyAnna said...

Do you ever want some cycling company? I'm fairly new to town. I did the Tour de Cure yesterday and really appreciated the cool breeze!