Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Holiday Craziness

I don't know about anyone else out there, but I am somewhat happy that the holidays are over. I'm not happy to be returning to work today, but I am happy the the rushing-around-to-get- everything-done part is over.

Just a quick re-cap of the past few days...

I managed to leave work early and had some time to head to the park for a loop. I think this is the beginning of the end of my "running" during pregnancy. It felt great to be out there and finally running outdoors again. As a result, I think I may have overdone it a bit and when I woke up on Saturday, my back was killing me! After picking up the kiddo and heading home, we headed to the in-laws. By the way, I ran into Steeeve out at the park and shouted a "hi Steve!" as he ran by in the opposite direction...not sure that he knew who the heck I was. LOL!

I woke up at an embarrassingly early hour to head out for my last minute shopping. I was back by 10:30 am and had the rest of the day to hang out with the family.

After church, we actually ended up heading home, because the hubby got called into work. It was a pretty low key afternoon. The kiddo and I just headed out to have some lunch and get the grocery shopping done. While the kiddo was napping, I managed to clean out my closet and chest of drawers....something I have been wanting to get done for months now. I had four large garbage bags full of stuff that will be going to Goodwill, Salvation Army or a shelter somewhere! And, when I look in my closet, I am pleasantly surprised to find that not only can I actually see the floor, I can find the clothes I am looking for! I am usually a total neat freak, (especially when it comes to my closet) but, in the craziness of the past couple of semesters, I'd let my closet get cluttered. Once the hubby was home on Sunday night, we wrapped all our presents while watching 3:10 to Yuma.

I spent the morning baking and cooking the dishes I was going to take to my Sister-in-Law's house that evening and to my parent's house the following day. (With the kiddo's help of course!) We also baked chocolate chip cookies for Santa. Next, we hung out and watched some of the Everest:Beyond the Limit marathon while coloring, putting together puzzles and playing Candyland. Next, we headed to the park where I walked for about 40 minutes. Then, we grabbed some lunch at Beck's and went to the playground for a picnic and some playtime. (By the way, for the 3rd time Beck's has screwed up my salad...and they forgot to give me silverware. What's up with that???) After playing at the park, we headed home and got ready to head to the Sister-in-Law's for some holiday cheer. We were there until about 10:30, which made for one tired kiddo.

Christmas Day! We woke to find Santa gifts for the kiddo under the tree and lounged around in our PJs before heading to my parent's house. We got there early to help out before the crowd arrived...and by crowd, I mean 40 of my family members crammed into my parent's house. It was chaotic, but fun! I used to love these crazy, crowded Christmas days with my family growing up and while it's much more work as an adult, it's still so much fun to have everyone in one place. But, it was indeed chaotic and quite frankly, I'm glad it's over!

This is the 1st time in about six years that I've had to work the day after Christmas. I think it's actually less work to be at work today! :-) Next year, I will be done with school and will actually be able to get all my holiday stuff done before the holidays instead of the week of the holiday!

Hope everyone out there had a great Christmas!!!


J~mom said...

Yes, I am definitely ready for the holidays to be over and to return to some normal. :>) I love the magic and don't ever want to rush the special days but I am letting out a sigh of relief today.

Sorry your back hurt after your run!

Marcy said...

I hear you girl!!! I'm am SOOOOO happy that Christmas is over. I just want my house and my kids back to normal already LOL