Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Playing Catch Up

So there are 2 runs I need to catch you up on...

But first, let me say that I FINALLY received my NEW Garmin! Hooray for me! Yes, it was a new unit, in a box, with all the accessories included. Hallelujah and thank the Baby Jesus! And now, onto the running...

Saturday, 1/9 - "long" run, 6 miles
The Kiddo is back in her musical theatre class on Saturdays, so no more running with the peeps. :o( The temps on Saturday morning were supposed to be in the teens and they were...it was 16 degrees when I woke up in the wee hours of the morning. I may be a wuss, but the forecast said it would be warming up near 40 later, so I decided to postpone the run until the temperature was a bit more tolerable. I know you folks up north are rolling your eyes thinking, "16? puh-leeeeese! It's -10 here with the wind chill, so get over it!". Yeah, I'd like to invite any of you to come to Houston in mid-August to see how you like our 105 degree temps (with a "feels like" temp of 116!) and 100% humidity...run in THAT! :o)

I did my regular 6-miler through the hood with my NEW Garmin. I loved being able to look down and see my pace! Let me just say that it was very eye opening...I wish I had been training with my Garmin over the past month, because my pace was all over the place. One mile would be a nice, steady 10:30 and the next would be 9:40, then I'd be at 10:40 and next mile would be at 9:50. My final average pace was 10:22. I think maintaining a consistent pace at the 1/2 is going to be a challenge.

Monday, 1/11 - 40 minutes 30 minute EASY treadmill run
What can I say? I procrastinated here and only had enough time for 30 minutes. I am working on my lecture for my class that starts next week, so it's a good thing it's taper time!!! Pace for this run was 10:42.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun that you have your new Garmin. It really changes how you run and spices things up a bit! Nice job and happy tapering!