Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Early am run

5:00 am - alarm clock goes off
me - hit snooze
5:07 am - alarm clock again
me - hit snooze again
5:14 am - damn alarm clock once more
me - Crap!

I really should set my alarm for 4:45 next time, but that just seems so much earlier than 5am for some reason. I stumbled out of bed, threw on my glasses, running clothes and shiny new running shoes (my $50 running shoes!). I did some quick stretches and hopped on the treadmill. The Houston Fit schedule said 30 minutes and, by golly, I was going to run for 30 minutes....even if I started a little later than intended. I am determined to follow the training schedule as closely as possible until the marathon. It would be so much easier to just slack off for the next couple of weeks. In fact, that's what I really feel like doing. But, I am going to try to remain motivated and as Nike says, "Just Do It"! By the way, I finally got to see JT's video for Sexy Back this morning while on the treadmill. I know I am much older than him, but I still think he's a hottie.



Running Stats
Conditions - treadmill
Total run time - 30 minutes
Distance - 2.65 miles
Pace - 11:19

20 days & counting!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no opinion on JT.

Nice run. 20 days!!!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how those 15 minutes seem to make such a big difference, huh?

Junie B said...

i have that video on my blog!! you could have just watched it there!

Anonymous said...

My alarm clock is ten minutes fast, for exactly this reason.

20 days and counting... :)

TX Runner Mom said...

June - I saw that a little earlier. Great minds think alike!

elf said...

BTW--that anonymous post up there about the alarm clock was me. Forgot to log in...

-Erin

TX Runner Mom said...

Thanks Erin...I was wondering who the mysterious commenter was. LOL!

Sarah N said...

Early morning runs- keep on keeping on! BTW, are you the kind of person who needs to run on recent fuel? How do you make sure you're not starving when you wake up and run? I need to eat often, any suggestions?

Jenny said...

Oh, JT... drool! Nice picture too.

Tiggs said...

that boy is HOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!