Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Monday run

Yesterday I decided to change my morning wake-up strategy....since I am the queen of the snooze button, I decided to set my alarm clock for 4:50 am. Last week, I set it for 5 am thinking I would actually just hop out of bed and onto the treadmill. So I thought, okay, even if I push snooze 2x like I did last week, I would still be getting out of bed in plenty of time for a 35 minute run.

Wrong!

This what happened:

4:50 - alarm clock sounds
me - push snooze button
4:57 - alarm clock again
me - push snooze again
5:04 - pesky alarm clock again
me - one more snooze!
5:11 - damn annoying alarm clock again
me - Crap! jump out of bed...

So, I did finally get up....maybe next time I will follow Erin's advice and set my alarm clock 10 minutes fast. Then of course, I will probably remember that it's 10 minutes fast and still oversleep!

So, I managed 30 minutes, not 35 on the treadmill. One thing I have noticed is the ball of my left foot has been hurting. I originally noticed this the week before my 21-miler and again during the last few miles of the 21-miler. I just figured it was a combination of the distance and needing new shoes. Well, I bought my new shoes, but the pain is still there. I felt the pain again on Saturday's 11-miler. I posted a question about this on the Houston Fit discussion board, so I am hoping to get some advice about this. Anyone out there in blog-land have any ideas? I don't know if I should try some cushiony insoles, ice or what....

Running Stats
Conditions - treadmill
Distance - 2.57 miles
Run time - 30 minutes
Pace - 11:39

Only 13 days!!!

2 comments:

Vic said...

My son overslept this morning. I'm his snooze alarm but I'm set on 30 minute snooze. He almost missed the bus.

Another twentysomething said...

13 days wow! Good luck!
Just as a point of curiosity, in a marathon are you allowed to stop and walk if need be or is it a run til the finish line even if it kills ya kind of deal?