Friday, September 22, 2006

A treadmill run, great TV and sad news

I was very excited that 2 of my favorite shows were returning last night - Grey's Anatomy & ER! I picked up the kiddo from my parent's house with the hopes of getting her to sleep on time for once. Unfortunately, she wasn't sleepy yet, so we read another book and I missed the 1st half of Grey's. (note to self: look into tivo or dvr!) But, I did get to enjoy the 2nd 1/2 while running my scheduled 30 minute run on the treadmill. The schedule called for a tempo run, but with the higher mileage on Saturday, I stuck to my regular 11:15-11:30 pace. Another training run done...and, I will be running the Chicago marathon 1 month from today!

On a sad note, please keep the family of Officer Rodney Johnson in your thoughts & prayers.

Run long & Livestrong!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sad about Officer Johnson. God bless his family, friends, and fellow officers.

I love ER. But when we moved in February, we decided to not put a TV in the living room. So, I don't watch much TV, thankfully. But I do miss watching ER and Survivor. Thursday nights, we were usually glued to the TV.

Humble Runner said...

I've improved my "lifestyle" two-fold by reducing the amount of television I watch.

Good for you, finding a way to have your cake and eat it too!

TX Runner Mom said...

Well with school in session, I am only allowing myself to watch TV a couple of hours per week. For now, that is ER & Grey's. I will have to re-think this when Lost & The Amazing Race start next month though...I will not be able to fit in all four shows, but I will continue to watch TV while I run - it's a great distraction!

Junie B said...

the amazing race started two weeks ago!! its on sundays now!!

TX Runner Mom said...

What? I've been missing it??? Holy crap! Thanks for letting me know June!