Friday, February 02, 2007

Such a tease

It was too freaking good to be true! I was sitting at my desk yesterday afternoon, turned around to look out the window and I see something that I almost didn't recognize - sunshine! And blue skies too! I guess I should have stared a little longer and really savored that moment, because 30 minutes later I looked again and it was gone. The blue skies were once again replaced with those all too familiar grey skies. Damn tease. That's all it was. Grrrrr...

Not much to report today. I managed to squeeze in 3 on the dreadmill last night. Earlier, before picking up the kiddo, I went to WW. I lost a whopping .25 lbs! But hey, considering what I ate at the luncheon in Austin on Wednesday and my occasional snacking on Valentine's Day candy at the office, I'll take any loss I can get. My goal for February is to lose 4 lbs. I think that's a very realistic goal.

This morning, I completed Day 5 of SI6! So far, so good.

In other news, the Wallow is out for me this weekend. The hubby wants to go fishing on Saturday and the only time my Mom is able to watch the kiddo is in the morning. Since I desperately need to finish my Statistics homework, I figure it might be best for me to utilize her babysitting time to head to the library and just do my long run on Sunday. I also know there will be many Saturdays ahead when the hubby will really want to go fishing, but won't be able to because I am in class all day!

Have a great weekend and good luck to everyone running the Wallow tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We appear to be having fair Wallow attrition all around. Fair enough, time to let life get in the way 3 weeks after marathon weekend. Besides, rumor has it the course is currently better suited for splashy fun than for running. No surprise there!

Steeeve

Anonymous said...

We had sunshine up my way, but it is sooo cold! Not really (48) but it's still long sleeves and a coat which I am thoroughly tired of.

Did I ever tell you I have a bachelor's and master's in economics? I loved stats classes! Good thing since it's pretty much what I do for a living...

TX Runner Mom said...

OMG Barbara...I may need to call you this summer when I have finance and economics together. I'm skeered!

J~Mom said...

That was nice of you to let hubby go fishing! Sorry about the race though. Happy studying!