Thursday, March 13, 2008

Step away from the thin mints...


Just a little word of advice to any gals out there who may become pregnant in the future....

At the beginning of your pregnancy, you might set a goal of how much weight you want to gain (and not a ounce more)...DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT gain it ALL with 7 weeks of your pregnancy to go!

Seriously people, I need to put down the thin mints and grab some celery. I am almost at the point where I was at FULL TERM with Riley. And I have 7 WEEKS to go! I swore that I wouldn't let myself gain any more than last time and ack!

I am a stress eater, I know that. Between moving, school, work, family, pregnancy, etc. you might say I've been a tad bit stressed these days. And, because of juggling all this, my workouts have been shorter and less frequent. I haven't done a good job of planning meals which results in either making quick meals (that are not healthy) or stopping on the way home and picking something up (again - not healthy).

My life is not going to get any less crazy anytime soon, that's for sure. Guess I just need to get myself organized again, so I can start planning my meals. Now that we'll be in a neighborhood where I feel safe walking and now that it gets dark later, I am planning on taking lots of evening walks with the kiddo. Hope that will help!

4 comments:

Woodlands Runner said...

Maybe you grew...vertically.

Sarah said...

I'm a stress eater as well. I've had so much fast food and other crap in the past 3 weeks that I'm scared to even look at the scale. And I can't even blame pregnancy! :)

Not that I know, but every pregnancy is different right? Don't worry too much.

K said...

Second babies are usually heavier than the first one. Don't feel bad about the thin mints. This is the only time you can get away with it. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

Margo said...

It'll be okay! :-) I'm like Sarah and can't even claim the pregnancy excuse for my gaining weight - bummer!