Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend

Well, the weekend is once again over. Sigh.

I felt much better when I woke up on Saturday and headed to school. The thought of skipping class did cross my mind, but I had a presentation to do and would not think of putting that off. After class, I basically just hung out with the hubby and kiddo. We went to the grocery store and the kiddo was acting so much like herself, that we decided to walk to the "big" playground in the neighborhood. The weather was great and it felt good to get out, but I didn't realize that the playground was right at a mile away the way we went to the playground...we took a different route the way back, which was over a mile. Ummm, can I just say that that little walk was the longest I've had in several weeks and being in the sun didn't help either. My back was killing me when we were done! To top it off, I had to pee. I felt like a complete wuss!

I'm not sure if the walk had anything to do with this or not, but I had a few of what I *think* were Braxton Hicks contractions about an hour later. Then, I had them again this morning for about an hour. Scary! I say I *think* they were BH, because with the kiddo I had to be induced. She was nowhere near ready to come out...she hadn't dropped, there was no effacement, almost no dilation, no water breaking with me saying "Honey, it's time!" in the middle of the night. By the time I had *real* contractions, I had an epidural!

After I was sure I wasn't in real labor, we took the kiddo to Chuck E Cheese (we missed her playgroup earlier), where she ate pizza and played games until she was worn out. And after that, we pretty much called it a day.

Now, I'm off to get as much homework done as possible...just in case!

Workout
Neighborhood walk - 40 minutes (it felt like I was walking faster than that!!!)

1 comment:

Viv said...

Poor, Christy on that long walk home.

Your not a wuss woman you about to have a baby, well in 5 weeks.

I had those BH a lot and usually after a long mall walk, but I am not an ob/gyn. in case you did not know..hehehe :-D

Friday is looking good for us. I will email ya.