Monday, March 17, 2008

We've Moved!


Hooray! We've officially moved into the new house. Moved, but not unpacked. Unpacking is going to take some time. We have the most important room in the house unpacked - the kitchen! I also went to our brand-spanking-new Kroger's and stocked up on lots of healthy items, so the fast-food frenzy can stop. (Thanks to everyone for the comments about the weight gain!) We've also unpacked the bathrooms and for the most part, the kiddo's room. Every empty box that was thrown in the garage felt like a huge accomplishment. Woohooo, one more unpacked...only 367 more to go. :-)
Some things, like our book collection, will have to wait to be unpacked. When we finally buy some furniture, we are planning to get new bookshelves, so until then the books (among other things) will remain packed. We've also unpacked the other necesseties like our clothes. Most of the other stuff will just have to wait. I have been neglecting my school work for way too long, so it's time to buckle down and hit the books! If I can get a box unpacked here and there, then that will have to do. About the time we have our 2 week break between the Spring and Summer semesters, the munchkin will be here and I will probably not be concerned with boxes. Then, the hell that's known as summer school will begin and again, I will not be concerned with boxes. So, the estimated unpacking completion date? September '08. LOL, that's about as good as it's gonna get!

Oh and Sarah, you're right - every pregnancy is different, that's for sure! My only concern is that the kiddo was (according to our Dr) only going to be around 7 lbs....she ended up being 8 lbs, 13 oz! I really hope this one isn't any bigger!!!

3 comments:

Viv said...

Yaa, congrats on getting everything in the house. Take your time.
I went to that Kroger the other day while in the area. I assume we are talking about the same Kroger. I loved it!! So jealous, I want one over here. I ate about 3 pounds of cheese samples!

TX Runner Mom said...

Viv, lol on the cheese samples! I ate a few of those and a few olives. :-) I was drooling over all the awesome desserts, too!

Margo said...

I wish our Kroger had cheese samples...Christy - congrats on the move!! With everything else going on, I would definitely take my time unpacking! Good luck with school.