Saturday, October 03, 2009

9-miles and some burn

Thursday, 10/1 – P90X, Shoulders and Arms
Again, this is my favorite P90X arm workout! It alternates between biceps, triceps and shoulders over and over again. Call me crazy, because I love to “feel the burn”, lol!

Friday, 10/2 – Most.Awesome.Run.Ever.
I decided that I would run 8 miles on Friday. I was a little freaked out when I realized the Ten for Texas is NEXT WEEKEND. For whatever reason, I thought I had a couple more weeks to prepare. Let’s face it, with the triathlon training, I got a bit behind on my weekly mileage increases. I should have gotten into the double digits ages ago. Instead, the most I’ve run at a time lately has been 7 miles. Yeah, time to step it up.

Fortunately, the weather Friday morning was PERFECT! Well, okay 40 degrees is perfect in my book, but when the temps have been in the 80’s at 6 am, 64 degrees feels like HEAVEN!!! I ran most of my run all through the neighborhood – anything to avoid doing multiple loops. I wish I had my Garmin, because it felt faster than normal. And, I don’t think my pace ever slowed down. During the entire run, I just kept thinking about how great the temperature felt and how great the run felt. By the time I hit 7 miles, I just thought, “Wow, I feel great!”. By that time, I was already at the entrance to my section of the neighborhood and still had quite a bit of Gatorade left in my handheld bottle, so I decided to make one more loop around the ‘hood for a total of ~9 miles. I checked my pace on this handy dandy on-line pace calculator, and it looks like it was somewhere between at 10:20 & 10:33 minute pace. I may have been a tad bit short of the 9 miles even though I did run a bit extra at the end to hopefully make up the difference.

Now, if only we could have these temps again next weekend for the Ten for Texas!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to get me some of that 64 degree action!