Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday

How does Monday get here so quickly?

We had a great weekend!

Friday after work, I spent some time with the kiddos - we headed to the mall for our tradition of the "three C's" - cuts (as in hair), cookies and carousel. We also headed to the Disney store, which is always dangerous. Usually, it's the Kiddo who wants to buy something, but this time it was the Munchkin who wanted everything in the store. Thank you Disney for marketing the new Cars movie so well!

Here's the Munchkin getting "tickled" by the trimmers.



Here's the kiddo after her cut!

Saturday, we met some of our favorite friends at the beach and had a great time making sand castles and playing in the water. There were actually waves and I really wanted to take advantage of the conditions and get in a little surfing, but I was afraid of making the stupid broken toe worse and decided against it.

I started Sunday with a short bike ride. My friend, Jen, met me for a ride but first we had to change a flat. I am okay with the front tire, but wasn't sure I could take the back tire off without messing something up. Luckily, the Hubby came to our rescue! He had the new tube on in no time...much fast than if we would have done it. But then, about 7 miles into our ride Jen started to feel sick, so we went back to home base. I managed to get in a few more miles after she was safely on her way home and ended with a 20-mile ride. Afterwards, we took the Hubby and my Dad out to lunch, then spent the rest of the day hanging out at home.

Hope everyone out there had a great weekend and all the Dads had a great Father's Day!

No comments: