Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Last week's workouts

I forgot to post this...starting October out with a BANG!

Monday, 10/1
Run - 4 miles
P90X Plyometrics - 1 hour

Tuesday, 10/2
TRX - 1 hour

Wednesday, 10/3
Run - 4.2 miles

Thursday, 10/4
Brazil Butt Lift - 45 minutes

Friday, 10/5
Rest

Saturday, 10/6
Run - 10 miles total

Sunday, 10/7
Bike - 1 hour

The highlight of this week's workouts was my run on Saturday.  I met up with another Woodlands Fit peep for a 3.5 mile run before our official group run.  The 3.5 miles actually ended up being 3.8...oops.  Then, we ran 5 miles with the group.  I felt fantastic at the end of the run...lots left in the tank.  And, my pace was a bit faster than it has been in previous weeks.  After our group run, I headed to the kid's run with TWRC Junior's program and ended up running the entire mile with the Munchkin. 

Side note:  Why is it that when it's just the Hubby with the kids, they run the mile on their own with no complaints?  But, when I'm there, the Munchkin gets clingy and doesn't want to run.  When he finally does run, I have to hold his hand and run with him the entire time?  I am trying to remember that there will be a day when he won't want to be seen in public with me, much less want to hold my hand.  In other words, I am trying to just enjoy it. :-)

When I made it home, I realized I was just shy of running 10 miles, so I went out and ran around the block enough to make it 10.  Yes, I am a dork like that!  This weekend, I have the Ten for Texas!  It's a 10-mile race not far from home.  This is one of my favorite races of the season, because 1) it is close to home, 2) a lot of my running peeps will be running it too, 3) the course is FLAT, 4) they have an AWESOME post race party and 5) this year they are giving medals!  I know that, because of the hip blip, I will not be running my best....but, I also know it will not be my slowest Ten for Texas.  I can't wait!!!

Hope you're having a great week!  Any plans for the upcoming weekend???  Races???

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great job and good luck on the FLAT course!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Glad you had fun! The brownies would have made it worth running through the humidity!