Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday Loop

It's Monday already. Where did the weekend go? I hope all the moms out there had a great Mother's Day! I was thinking about how life changes when you become a Mom....your life is no longer your own anymore. Maybe I should have named this blog "TX Runner Mom" instead. :)

Today I met my HoustonFit buddy, Kay, at Memorial Park for a loop around the park. I highly recommend finding a running buddy! There are times that I like to run by myself, have some quiet time and let the stress of the day fade away with each step. But then there are times when it's great to have someone to run with. I don't know about other people, but when the weather gets warmer, I tend to not push myself as much when I run alone. I take an extra walk break here and there and quite frankly, I become a wuss. But, when I'm running with someone else, I tend to give a little extra effort. I think it's because I don't want to be the one slowing us down. I don't want to be the wimp that says, "can we walk for a minute?" or "let's get some water". It's not that I'm competitive, it just that I don't want to be the wuss. Plus, it's great to have someone to talk to - it makes the miles go by that much faster.

Overall, we had a great run. The weather was nice (around 80 with a breeze) and we made it around in about 30 minutes.

Tomorrow, I think I'll do my core workout and maybe some free weights for the arms.

Run Long & Livestrong!

No comments: