Thursday, June 05, 2008

Update

Sorry for the sporadic posting. Check out my graduation pics here.



LOL, Barbara I STILL haven't seen SATC!! Trying to get my group of girlfriends together is almost impossible...hopefully this weekend. Either that or I'm going to go by myself during the week.

Jamoosh, I had the long awaited margarita last night and it was de-lish!!!!

I finally tested the waters...I had a real workout today. My 1st post partum one and the first one since about 6-7 weeks ago, since I didn't really count my walks to the pool or playground with the kiddo as a workout.

I headed out on the bike today around 2:30 pm. Well I tried to head out at 1:30, but the bike gods were not cooperating. 1st, I had a flat....I haven't been on the bike since October of last year and I had a friggin' flat! To top it off, the spare I was sold was not the right one for the bike. Thankfully, the hubby had a spare tube! Then, something was up with my gears and I kept hearing a clicking noise. Again, the hubby helped me out. I was finally on my way, but I realized now why I REALLY needed to take the bike maintenance workshop at Bike Barn that I had signed up for 2x, but had to cancel both times thanks to school.

The ride was only 30 minutes...just enough time to see if I was truly ready to get back into the swing of things. For some reason, I can tolerate the heat better on the bike than I can running...that hasn't changed since last year! Since I still have the slicks on my bike from the Tour de Pink, I stayed on the road (rather than the trails, although the trails would have been more fun). I've been wanting to check out some parts of the neighborhood that I'd never seen before and that's exactly what I did. I'll admit, between the headwind and the heat, 30 minutes was all I could take. My heart rate was up and my legs felt like jello afterwards, but I enjoyed the hell out of it!

Sooooo, I am officially back. I need to come up with a game plan for working on my mileage both with running and on the bike. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Fortunately, I have already met someone in the neighborhood who has offered to show me the trails (for biking and running) and who swims laps at the pool before anyone else gets there. I *think* I meeting up with her at the pool early Sunday morning to see what I've retained from the lessons I took last summer. I imagine it will NOT be pretty. :-)

2 comments:

Viv said...

I could not see the pics. it asked for department codes?

Great on getting back out there. It was a bad day with the heat and humidity today, no doubt.

We so have to ride the bike together when things get back to routine. How great that you have a pard for some run/cycle/swim in the neighborhood!

I bet that maragrita was GRAND!

Anonymous said...

Run that way really fast...

Glad to see you back. I home to join you soon!