Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Weekend Re-Cap

Saturday’s run went well….we ran approximately 10.8 miles at an 11:27 pace and had a definite negative split. Of course, we followed the run with Starbucks, because what would Saturday morning be without Starbucks? This weekend we’re doing 12, which to be honest, I am not looking forward to due to the warmer temps we’re expecting. Looks like I need to get out the running skirt again.

Saturday afternoon was the kiddo’s 1st ever dance performance. She did awesome, as did the rest of the 3-4 year old class. I volunteered to be “stage mom”, which meant I had to be backstage with the kiddo’s class from the time the show began until intermission. I hadn’t really thought things through when I originally volunteered, because I really wanted to see the other performances too. It was a bit crazy with all the dancers running around, but the other stage mom was smart enough to bring crayons and several coloring books to keep the smaller kids occupied. Luckily, when it was time for the kiddo’s class to perform, we were able to watch from the wings. They did their “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” dance so well! It was so cute! I was able to see the company dancers perform after intermission, which totally confirmed that I had chosen the right school for Riley – they were awesome!

Saturday night the hubby and I headed to my company’s holiday party. This year the company decided to do something fun and out of the ordinary for us – bowling! The company gave every employee and their guest a bowling shirt, plus when we arrived they also gave us a bag full of goodies. The hubby and I had a total blast bowling, then we watched my co-workers sing karaoke…imagine that with an open bar! Hahahaha!

Workout Stats
Saturday, 12/13 – 10 mile Woodlands Fit run
Sunday, 12/14 – P90X – Chest and Back – 51 minutes, Ab Ripper X – 15 minutes

No comments: