Thursday, February 12, 2009

Omigod!




I went to see Legally Blonde: The Musical last night and had a blast. The musical is cute and funny with lots of fun, upbeat songs. I only wish I would have lucked out and seen Laura Bell Bundy in the lead role....Laura originated the role on Broadway and is filling in for the touring cast lead who broke her toe. But instead, I saw Lauren somebody, who won the MTV reality show Legally Blonde: The Search for the New Elle Woods. She was good - she has the acting and dizty Elle down, but her singing voice was not quite Broadway caliber. The rest of the cast was amazing, especially the gal who played Brooke Wyndam! She had to do an entire song while jumping rope - it was very impressive. Overall, I really enjoyed the show. I'd love to see it on Broadway when I make it back to NYC, but unfornately it closed this year due to lack of ticket sales. It seems like even Broadway has been affected by the recession. Sigh.

(Oh and by the way, the 1st song in the musical is "Omigod You Guys" in case you're wondering about the title of the post, hahaha.)

No comments: