Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Oh my aching back!!!!!!!!!

I’ve been a bad blogger lately…one of my goals this year was to get more sleep (anything more than the 5 or so hours I usually get). So, for the past 3 or 4 days, I’ve done just that! Of course, that cuts into my computer time, lol!

Here’s what I’ve been up to:

Back Issues!

Workout Stats: Monday, 2/2 - Bike (on trainer indoors), 5 minutes

Yeah, you read that right. I got in approximately 5 minutes on the bike when the kiddo yelled out “MOOOMMMMEEEEEE”. I went upstairs to check on her, came back downstairs, got back on the bike and realized that my lower back was really hurting. I started to pedal, but realized that the pain was not going away. I got off the bike, did a few things to get ready for bed and then laid down. About 30 minutes later, I got up to go to the bathroom and I couldn’t walk back to the bed.

Seriously.

The hubby had to come to my rescue and help me, because it hurt to move my legs! I applied a heating pad and took a strong Ibuprofen (leftover from after having the baby), but it still hurts today….not as excruciating, but not comfortable either.

What the funk?

Since I was feeling a bit better this morning, I actually packed my bag to go to the gym today during lunch…we have a funeral to attend this evening, so no pool time for me. However, given the back situation, I’m thinking resting might be a better idea instead.

Workout Stats: Sunday, 2/1 – Rest Day (went to friend's to "watch" superbowl)

1 comment:

Blessed with Boys said...

Sounds like the same thing that happened to me! I think it's the bike adjustment.
Mine actually felt better when I went swimming.
Hope you feel better soon!