Monday, February 16, 2009

Cough, Run, Cough, Bike, Cough

Between the back and funerals one week, and the lovely head cold the next, the workouts have been few and far between lately. I hate it, because I feel like I've missed two very vital weeks of training for both the Zooma 1/2 and the tri. To top it off, I still have a lingering nasty cough and my runny nose returned last night. Grrrr....

Thursday, February 12 - Brick - bike/run - 40 minutes
I was feeling great on Thursday, so I decided to head to the Y for a spin class during lunch. That plan was foiled when a 10 am meeting ran long and I missed the spin class. Sooooo...I headed over to the Y after my meeting and did 20 minutes on the stationary bike, followed by 20 minutes on the treadmill. Not much of a workout, but a good "ease back into it" workout I suppose - and my 1st brick. The only problem was the coughing. People looked at me funny and one guy asked if I was okay, lol.

Friday, February 13 - Swimming - almost
I was in a training class in The Woodlands all day and looked forward to heading over to the Y for a swim the entire time. Since swimming is my weakest sport, I didn't want to go an entire week without at least one swim! When I arrived at the Y, I saw a work truck parked near the pool and the pool doors open. Hmmmm....that's strange. Then, as I walked by, I noticed that no one was in the pool. Hmmmm...not looking good. When I entered the Y, I could see the pool through the windows. Even the lifeguards were not there. Dang! Next, I noticed a nice little sign on the counter - "The pool will be closed for repairs on Friday, February 13..."! UGH! I hadn't brought any other workout clothes, so home I went.

Saturday, February 14 - Long Run - almost
The goal was to head out for my run as soon as the hubby made it home from work. However, one of our friends stopped by before I made it out the door and by the time he left it was pouring down rain (complete with thunder and lightening). I still had to make it to the grocery store for stuff for our Valentine's Day dinner and finish the truffles I was making, so again no workout.

Sunday, February 15 - "Long" run - finally!
After church, I decided to take the car to NTB for some work. Turns out that I needed an alignment, a couple of new tires and new car was there until 5 pm! In the meantime, I was hanging out with the kiddos at my parent's house since they live nearby. The hubby picked us up on the way home from work, so I could do my run. Unfortunately, my run was cut short due to all this. My 8-miler with hills ended up just being a 6-miler in the 'hood because that was all I had time for. Oh well, I'll just call it a cut-back week and hit the hills again next week! It was probably for the best, since I felt like I was coughing up a lung the entire time!

1 comment:

Blessed with Boys said...

What a week! I feel your pain....literally! can't wait to workout again.