Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Updates...

It's been a rough week in our household this week, so the workouts might be a little scarce.


First, the kiddo has been under the weather with a cold. Fortunately, she's better today and was able to head back to school.

Second, the hubby's cousin passed away on Sunday. Her funeral is today and the viewing/rosary was last night. DH's cousin passed away on Sunday. She was 55 and had cancer. By the time it was found, it had spread into several of her organs. She was diagnosed the day she was graduating from school as a pharmacy tech...her lifelong dream. The funeral is later today and the viewing/rosary was last night. There were a ton of people there last night and it was standing room only in the chapel! She was a happy, fun-loving woman and was loved by pretty much anyone she met...it's no wonder so many showed up to pay their respects.

This morning I received a call from my Mom and found out that my Aunt Mary had died. She was my Dad's oldest sister (she was in her 70's). She had Alzheimers, but was still the sweetest lady you've ever met. She lived with her daughter who said that she heard a noise in her Mom's room last night. When she went to check on her, she was on the floor and already gone.If you don't mind, please keep both my family and the hubby's family in your prayers.

And then there's the back issue...much better today, but I still can't bend over to get the muchkin in and out of his crib. I will probably take today off from working out. Then, I head off to A&M for college recruiting, so no workout on Thursday either, blah! Hopefully on Friday, I can at least get in a swim...something nice and low impact for the back!

I am just ready for this week to be over!!!!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

My gosh Christy, that's enough for a month, if not the whole year! I am so sorry to hear about the deaths in your family.

And your back too! I hope that's nothing serious.

Blessed with Boys said...

Oh Christy, I'm so sorry to hear that. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Kelly

Viv said...

Aww Christy so sorry about the hubby's cousin and your Aunt. What a rough week.

I hope the back is begining to see some relief. Saw you went for a swim this morning so that most be a good sign. I hope the pool gives you that peaceful feeling it gives me.

I am guessing you hit up Flintridge for some training, atta girl!

Margo said...

Definitely keeping you and your family in my prayers. Hope your back is feeling better too!