Friday, November 27, 2009

Easing back into it...

This past week was a pretty easy one with the running. I decided to ease back into it, since it had been quite a few days since my last run. Unfortunately, I didn't get in any longer runs this week with Thanksgiving and family stuff going on beginning on Wednesday...time to kick it back into high gear now that the holiday stuff is over!

Monday, 11/23 - Treadmill run - 3 miles, 10:40 pace
Can you tell by my pace that this was indeed an "easy" run? I can!

Tuesday, 11/24 - Treadmill run - 2 miles, 10:03 pace
This wasn't a scheduled run day and I didn't have much time, but I knew there wouldn't be much time to run for the next few days. I decided to make this a progressive run - quality over quantity, I guess. It also happened to be my sweet Kiddo's 5th birthday! I had a Dr's appointment in the morning, so I was able to take the kiddo to breakfast beforehand. Good times!

Wednesday, 11/25 - no workout
The goal was to leave work around 3 pm, run a couple of quickie errands and then hop on the treadmill for a few miles before picking up the kiddos from school. Then, we'd be off to a hotel downtown where we could watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade. Yeah, good intentions. The school called me at 2 pm to let me know that the Munchkin had just thrown up. Yikes! So, I had to head straight over to the school. Next, the hubby called me to let me know he had to work late. Not a great start to the holiday weekend!

Fortunately, the Munchkin was okay. After talking to his teacher, it sounded like he was coughing a lot (from yucky drainage) and threw up a bunch of mucus. I was just happy he didn't have some sort of stomach bug. We were able to head to downtown as soon as the hubby made it home and enjoyed the parade. Oh and as I type this on Friday, those errands are still not done. lol!

Thursday & Friday, 11/26 & 11/27 - no workouts
We headed out to my cousin's house for Thanksgiving dinner after the parade, so no workouts on Thanksgiving. On Friday, I had a date with Target at 5 am, followed with breakfast with the family and some cousins in from Florida. I knew I'd be doing my long run on Saturday, so there would be no running again! This is where I begin to feel like a total slug - I did get the house nice and clean, the grocery shopping done and all the laundry washed, dried and put away though!


Running Diva Mom said...

Life just gets in the way sometime. At least you had good intentions, right!? Tomorrow starts a new week ... enjoy it. I'm glad your little one is okay and better.

Anonymous said...

I will be kicking it into high gear right along with you! I ran this morning and the humidity was ridiculous...end of November! Arrghh!!