Sunday, November 26, 2006

Busy weekend

It's finally the end of another busy weekend....

Friday
It was the kiddo's b-day, so we started the day (after getting my Roomba) by letting her open her birthday presents. Then, since she loves being outdoors, we went to the park. Next, we took her to Chuck E. Cheese for the 1st time...she loved it and even learned to ask the essential Chuck E Cheese questions - "Mommy more money?" and "Daddy more money?" - for the games.

Saturday
I had the option of running with the Houston Fit 1/2 marathon group, who was starting their 10 mile run at 5:15 am -or- running with the full marathon group who was starting their 9 miler at 6 am. Gee, that's a no-brainer - I'm all about getting that extra 45 minutes sleep!

It was great to run with my peeps again! Coach Gaye and Coach Fred were a welcome sight....I have missed seeing them. I also had a chance to meet some other folks and a few first-timers. Not much to say about the run except:
  • the weather was almost perfect (a bit humid, but cool!)
  • I forgot to start my stopwatch
  • I felt like we were really hauling butt, but it seems that it was only an 11:4o pace (based on someone elses watch)
  • For the 3rd time in 3 weeks, I really had to pee halfway through the run. Thank God for the port-a-potties at the construction in River Oaks! I used one that was camoflauged with 2x4 wood planks

After the run, I hit the grocery stores to get all the supplies for the Kiddo's birthday bash. This was a small event compared to last year's 1st b-day blowout, but it still seemed to take a lot of prep time. With the gorgeous weather, most of the party was outdoors. The kiddo had a blast! Needless to say, she was out within 10 minutes of putting her to bed.

Sunday

Just spent some time with the kiddo while the hubby was at work, then headed to the library for a few hours of studying. Whew, only 3 more weeks of school!

Running Stats

Conditions - 53 & humid

Total Run Time - 1:45

Total Distance - 9.15

Pace - 11:29

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They recently put in a new Chuck E Cheese near our house. The 8-year old points it out every time we drive by.

I keep saying things like "honey, that's just a building painted to look like Chuck; it's not real or we'd definitely go there because you know how I love to go there."

She isn't buying my sack of tales at all; it's in our future at some point, depending on how long I can hold her off.