Monday, November 06, 2006

Monday Dreadmill Run

Another Monday workout..after fighting the rainy rush-hour traffic, I needed it! The Houston Fit 1/2 Marathon training schedule called for 20 easy minutes. I did 20 minutes and for the most part it was easy. I decided to add a little resistance to the run by increasing the incline on the treadmill. So, after a 1/4 mile warm-up, I increased the incline on my treadmill to 1.5. After 5 minutes, I increased the incline to 2.0, then after 10 minutes, I increased the incline to 2.5. I ran the remainder of the 20 minutes at that incline. I think I might start increasing the incline on my treadmill during at least one run per week from now on...it made the run a bit more interesting. Oh, and I watched "Heroes" as I ran...more distractions to help make it through the treadmill boredom. Now, I'm off to hit the books!

Running Stats
Conditions - treadmill
Total Run Time - 20 minutes
Total Distance - 2.75 miles
Pace - 11:42 (slower than normal, but I think it's due to the incline)

'Till next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should probably do more of that; those hills are something else. I have to have music though; it drives me crazy to have the TV on but not loud enough to hear it (which seems to be the case when I'm on the treadmill). I could use our wireless headphones I guess.

Unknown said...

Nice run, C. Keep it up.