Today, I decided to start "Random Facts Friday". Kind of like "Wordless Wednesday", it can serve as a fill in for lack of other material. Okay?
- My music tastes vary. A lot. – one minute I’m listening to Contemporary Christian like Mercy Me, the next I am jamming out to Paramore, the next I’m listening to Drake or FLoRida, then old school Ice Cube, then punk rock like Social D. The only thing I don’t really care for is country music. Ironic since I was born and raised in Texas, right? I do like old school country like Hank Williams and Patsy Cline, though.
- I wanted to be an astronaut as a kid. I tried majoring in engineering until I realized that no matter hard I tried, I will always suck at math. I changed my major to business, because it seemed practical. I also suck at Accounting and Finance (the math thing again)...this is why I work in Human Resources. Ironically, I spend a lot of my time working on spreadsheets with numbers.
- Speaking of practical, I am very practical…especially when it comes to spending money. Whether it’s buying a house, a car or even a pair of shoes, I tend to make sure that the purchase makes sense and I am getting the most bang for my buck. One day, I will not hold back and I will buy what I really want…that is, after the we’ve paid for the kid’s college tuition and our mortgage. Yeah, it’s gonna be awhile!
- I love to read! I always have. However, I stopped all recreational reading during grad school and it took me awhile to start reading again. Now that I am working in a location that allows me to take the bus, I have been reading like crazy again. I love Stephen King, but have been trying to read some other authors as well. I have also been reading a lot of books about running….I need to post reviews of some of these! Ummm, my latest choice in books is not so educational or intellectual. Two words about that - Laters Baby!
- I learned to swim when I was 37. I took swimming lessons as a kid, but never truly learned to swim the correct way. I did learn how to not drown, though. I credit my best friend from 2nd grade, Sandy, with teaching me the side stroke. Sandy, if it weren’t for you, I may have never done a triathlon! Side stroke has been (and forever will be) my “back-up stroke”. If I have a panicky moment in the water, I know I can side stroke until I’ve regained my composure.
|One of my favorites...I want to be Gwen Stefani when I grow up!|
|I had this pic on my wall in 7th grade...yeah, I was cool like that.|
|Dave - my financial hero!|
|My all-time favorite Stephen King book!|
|How I really feel about getting in the water!|
Hope you have an amazing weekend! We have more birthday parties to take the kids to and are going to begin painting the Munchkin's bedroom...fun times!
What are your plans for the weekend? Any big workouts or races???