Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Time Flies...

Today the Munchkin turns 4!!!

Lordy, where has the time gone?  It's hard to believe that this sweet little baby...

8 lbs, 9 oz of sweetness!

Has turned into this adorable, still sweet, sometimes mischievous boy...

My Cuddlebug is getting big!

I went back through some of my blog posts from 4 years ago and they were pretty funny to re-read.  At that time, I was working in a semi-new job, finishing up grad school, we had just moved into a new house and were in the process of doing some renovations on the old house and selling it....and, I was yearning for margarita's and real workouts again.  It was a crazy time!  And my preggo hormones were in full force while driving.

Hmmm, I am still yearning for margarita's...but they have too many calories for me to drink if I'm not getting in a real workout.  And real workouts? Yep, I find myself missing those again 4 years later.

So tonight, it will be all about the Munchkin - we'll eat what he wants for dinner (probably Chick-Fil-A or McDonalds's), we'll open presents (Avengers and Power Rangers seems to be the theme), have a cupcake and end the night reading the book, Before You Were Born (this is something I've tried to make a tradition on birthdays).  Fun times!

Anyway, the past 4 years have been great.  The Munchkin completed our little family and I am so proud of my little dude!  He may be a real stinker from time to time, but I am truly blessed to be his mommy.

Do you have any special traditions on your (or your kid's) birthdays?  Do you ever go back and re-read your old blog posts?

4 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Birthday to your little Munchkin! They grow so fast.... :(

What I would give for a margarita right now. OMG, that sounds so amazing.

My "little" girl turns 17 tomorrow. We don't really have any traditions, but the last couple of years, we've had a good time taking her out to nicer restaurants, so she can feel like an adult!

Lisa said...

happy birthday to your Munchkin!

K said...

Happiest of birthdays! Four is one of my most favorite ages! Enjoy every moment!

I just re-read my old blog posts from 6 and 7 years ago. First, It is hard to believe I have been blogging that long, and second, it really drives home the point that life moves by in the blink of an eye! Too fast for me! I am reminded to slow down and enjoy these times. Because once these beautiful kids are grown and gone, life will be much different and though my house will be cleaner and there will be less laundry, I will miss the noise of little belly laughs, boys making farting noises, snuggles after bad dreams in my bed, and hugs just because.

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

Awh, so sweet! happy birthday to the little one!