Tuesday, May 08, 2012

The Week in Pictures

It was a birthday week for the Munchkin!  His birthday was on Wednesday and his party was on Saturday, so we celebrated 2x.  Of course with birthdays, we had cake in the house.  Uh oh!

Actually, let me rewind...I was careful with my eating all week.  Even when the Munchkin insisted on McDonalds for his birthday dinner, I had a salad (and a pretty yummy one, too!).  And, I only bought one of those jumbo-sized cupcakes for the Munckin and Kiddo to share, so that there would not be leftovers.  By Friday, I was still doing great! 

Saturday, the birthday boy's party was at the dreaded Chuck E. Cheese's.  I knew I'd probably have 1 slice of pizza there, so I was careful to eat a healthy omelet for breakfast and had some watermelon and string cheese mid-day.  I also rode my bike for 30-minutes that morning...I figured if there's nothing really terribly wrong with my hip, then why not?  I did ride slowly, because I did not want to be limping around Chuck E. Cheese's later that day.

Yes, where a kid can be a kid...and a parent can get a migraine!

The Munchkin with his birthday crown

Yep, he's his momma's boy....loving the bling, just like me!

Checking out his birthday suprise from Grandma and Grandpa...he's telling his sister to hurry up and get in!

Big Sis giving some driving tips
So, I had my slice of pizza at the birthday party and the kids all had a great time.  I was also planning to go to a Girl's Night Out that night, so I was careful to snack with healthy goodies the rest of the day. 

Dinner was a blast - it was a also chance to wish our friend, Kelly, good luck at the upcoming IMTX!  At dinner, I shared a bottle of Pinot Noir with  running BFF, Katie.  It was quite yummy!  I stuck to my strategy of having a salad with chicken for dinner and yes, I ordered dessert.
 
Some of the best running BFFs a girl could ask for!  We started running together in 2009 and have been friends since!  Kelly, on the far left, will be doing IMTX in less than 2 weeks!  The rest of us will be cheering for her!

More running BFFs!

My yummy wine (what was left of it)!

Yes, the dessert...much, much better than birthday cake!

Sunday, it was time to get back on track!  The problem?  There was junk food everywhere!  As I mentioned before, my Mother-in-Law tends to bring us treats when she comes to visit.  Not only did we have leftover birthday cake, but we also had cheese puffs, Ruffles, chocolate chip cookies, a german chocolate cake, cupcakes (because we were also celebrating my nephew's 21st birthday), icing and a huge bowl of banana pudding.  It's a bit much, don't you think?  In her defense, she also brought a huge watermelon and lots of blueberries and strawberries.  But still....

I did not do as well as planned on Sunday.  I was supposed to get right back on track and instead I had my own personal triathlon of cupcake, eggs, ruffles.  My brother-in-law had brought over the most awesome green salsa dip and for some reason, I found myself standing at the counter in front of the chips and dip...and I was shoveling it in!!!  I remember stopping and thinking, "who is this person?" and then "I don't do this!".  Really, I do not stand there eating chip after chip.  That is just not me.  I put the bag of chips and the salsa away. 

Earth to Runner Mom, Come in Runner Mom!

Time to get back to reality!


Good thing I don't really like these....I let the Hubby and kids keep them (for a few days anyway)

This is what happens when you try to squeeze birthday cake into a small tupperware container...my Mother-in-Law was trying to be helpful.  She actually was, because I ended up throwing this away!

 So, at the end of the day on Sunday, I performed a huge clean up!  Yes, that's right, I threw the crap away!  Here's a little re-cap...
  • Chocolate chip cookies - In the trash!  The hubby wasn't around, or otherwise I don't think I would have been able to throw these away! I know myself and I would have eaten one (or twenty).
  • Banana pudding - Honestly, none of us really like it, but the MIL insists on making it every time she comes over.  The Hubs finally confessed to her that we don't eat it.  Actually, I will eat it if I am bored and want something sweet (which is dumb, because I really don't like it that much!).  Into the trash it went!  And hopefully, we will not have this in our fridge again.
  • German Chocolate Cake - It went home with the in-laws.  Buh-bye!
  • Cheese puffs - okay, so I don't like these and the Hubs and kids do...these stayed.  But, whatever is left by the weekend is going into the trash.
  • Ruffles - between the Hubby's family on Sat and me on Sunday, these are pretty much gone. (Bad!)
  • Cupcakes - the Hubby pretty much finished these off

Buh Bye cookes!



Buh bye nanner pudding and icing!!!


The MIL wanted to make enchiladas for us before she went home, but we insisted that we had enough food! 

Fortunately, we were able to have lots of time outdoors for the rest of the day.  The Hubs and I went to the pool to swim laps - his swim has improved so much, but mine definitely looks like I've been out of the water for awhile (sigh).  Later, we took the kids to the pool for some fun playtime.  Then, we spent the rest of the day riding bikes with the kids - the Kiddo is working on getting up the courage to ditch the training wheels and the Munchkin is just working on learning to pedal his "big boy bike"!  Fun times!

Fish #1 - taking a little break from all the swimming

Fish #2 - so happy that the pool is open for the summer!


So, now that the weekend of celebrations is behind us, I've managed to get back on track with the eating.  Thank God we don't have these kind of weekends too often!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Well, you did much better than I would have on those (bad) food choices, good for you for being strong. Banana pudding is so good to me, I don't think I could throw it out - ha.

Happy belated birthday to your little guy...what a fun weekend he had! :)