Monday, July 17, 2006

Who turned on the oven?

From what I can tell on the news, there is a heat wave going on pretty much everywhere. Houston is definitely no exception! Highs today were expected to be in the triple digits, so I opted for a morning run at the park. The training schedule called for 35 minutes....unfortunately, I didn't know that until after my 33 minute run. Oh well, what's another 2 minutes?

Overall, the run went well. The temps were in the low 80's and the humidity was bad. I was drenched before I arrived at the 1 mile marker. I did feel a bit of a protest from my left shin and my knee was achey, but overall nothing hurt too bad. I made sure to just run at a comfortable pace and to not do anything to hurt anything else. :-) It felt great to get the run over with! I did run into Pam as I was finishing my loop and she was starting hers. And, once again, I treated myself to a yummy "pineapple pleasure" smoothie!

Running Stats
Conditions: 80 w/high humidity
Total run time: 33:43
Total distance: 2.9 miles
Pace: 11:37

WW Stats
Points earned: 4
Points consumed: 30
Flex pts used: 6
Flex pts remaining: 18

Run long and Livestrong!

5 comments:

Vic said...

I'm almost sure that was you I saw. Were you over at the stretching area. Were you wearing a pink singlet? I'm not going to be shy next time. I'm just going to yell across the street, "Hey, Christy!!!" and hope someone answers. :)

Nice run. Another one in the pocket. Just a few thousand to go (it seems like).

elf said...

Nice run--way to tough it out in the heat. I was out there, too, and it was, well, icky.

Another twentysomething said...

I just randomly popped by your blog. It's a great idea. I started running in March of this year, completed a 5k and am now training for more too. It's wicked hot and humid where I am too, so I've taken to lunchtime treadmill runs, as it's too hot morning noon and night.

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

I find some information here.