Monday, July 31, 2006

Squeezing in a run

Yesterday was the 1st Houston Fit Fall Marathon group social! It was my first trip to the Goode Co. Taqueria and it was delicious...and to think, I used to work right down the street from the place (for almost 4 years) and had never been there. It was funny seeing all my fellow fit-ers with street clothes, hair done and make-up! I recognized the group I normally run with, but there were folks that I didn't even recognize...could have been the street clothes and make-up, or it could have been that they were much faster than me and I rarely see more than their back side on Saturdays! Finally, the hubby could meet all the folks I have been telling him about and he could hear about the Chicago Marathon from those who had been there. The kiddo had a good time too and was very excited to take home balloons from the event (thanks, JoAnn!)

Since my dreadmill is now working, I decided that I would do one of my morning runs on the treadmill and one at the park. I then decided that Monday would be my treadmill day. My plan was to wake up by 5:10 am and be on the treadmill no later than 5:15 am. Well, I forgot that my mischievous, but adorable 1 1/2 year old likes to play with buttons and dials. She loves pressing buttons on the tv, stereo and yes, the ALARM CLOCK! I usually remember to check the volume and station before I go to sleep, but last night, I completely forgot! Must have been the margarita at Goode Co. I woke up and looked at the clock - it was 5:30 am! The volume had been turned all the way down, so I had no sound coming from the radio to wake me up.

I refused to even think about postponing my run to the afternoon. I was going to be heading out to one of our offices in far south Houston for a late meeting, so I knew that I would be getting home later than usual. So in an effort to get any kind of run in, I threw on the running clothes, did some stretching and ran for 20 minutes. The training schedule says 35 easy minutes today, but I could only squeeze in 20. It has to be better than nothing! I may try to lengthen one of the other runs later in the week to make up for the 15 minutes a bit. Oh well, I tried! Hopefully, tomorrow morning will go better.

Running Stats
Conditions - indoor/treadmill
Total Running Time - 20 minutes
Distance - 1.75 miles
Pace - 11:25

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't have to worry about my kiddos messing with the clock. I have to worry about me messing with the clock. I'm notoriously bad about using the snooze.