Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I took the plunge...

I finally joined the Houston Striders! They had a great "early bird special" - save $5 if you pay your 2007 dues between now and December 31st - so I thought, what the heck?!? I keep hearing great things about this group and I love that they run year round. I don't know how active a member I will be between school, work and family stuff, but for the price I know it will be more than worth it!

Tonight, I am heading to Memorial Park to enjoy this awesome weather. I am planning to run for 35 minutes, but forgot my watch. I guess I'll just guesstimate my time. I can't wait to run outside again!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! welcome to the striders!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Houston Striders! I've been a member for a year now and can vouch for the yearly running. There's always a party umm...run going on.

Welcome Aboard!

Anonymous said...

Oh you betcha, welcome to the Houston Striders! Lots going on, but it's like a buffet - pick what you want and leave the rest. Given that, hope to see you at the Resolution Run :-)

Steeeve

Unknown said...

Now, that's the best news I've heard all day. Welcome to the Striders. This year is gonna rock!

Junie B said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

We got ourselves ANOTHER Strider!!!!!!!!!

I am SO excited!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Here's your official welcome from Pony Peterson!! I'm SO glad you've joined us...been reading your blog for awhile now and it's nice to know you're a fellow Strider now = )

I just started doing the Meet the Member article for our newsletter, the Stridelines. I'd like for you to be a subject in an upcoming issue if you're willing!

TX Runner Mom said...

Wow, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I'm already glad I joined!

Pony, I'd be happy to be the subject of a meet the member article. :-)

Steeeve, I'm not very good at buffets! I tend to try too much at once, so I will probably have to use some self constraint! LOL!