Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I took the plunge...

I finally joined the Houston Striders! They had a great "early bird special" - save $5 if you pay your 2007 dues between now and December 31st - so I thought, what the heck?!? I keep hearing great things about this group and I love that they run year round. I don't know how active a member I will be between school, work and family stuff, but for the price I know it will be more than worth it!

Tonight, I am heading to Memorial Park to enjoy this awesome weather. I am planning to run for 35 minutes, but forgot my watch. I guess I'll just guesstimate my time. I can't wait to run outside again!

8 comments:

Susan said...

Have fun on your 35 min run TXRG. Hope your 2007 is awesome.

Anonymous said...

hey! welcome to the striders!!!!!

Steve said...

Welcome to the Houston Striders! I've been a member for a year now and can vouch for the yearly running. There's always a party umm...run going on.

Welcome Aboard!

Anonymous said...

Oh you betcha, welcome to the Houston Striders! Lots going on, but it's like a buffet - pick what you want and leave the rest. Given that, hope to see you at the Resolution Run :-)

Steeeve

Vic said...

Now, that's the best news I've heard all day. Welcome to the Striders. This year is gonna rock!

JustJunebug said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

We got ourselves ANOTHER Strider!!!!!!!!!

I am SO excited!!

Pony said...

YAY!! Here's your official welcome from Pony Peterson!! I'm SO glad you've joined us...been reading your blog for awhile now and it's nice to know you're a fellow Strider now = )

I just started doing the Meet the Member article for our newsletter, the Stridelines. I'd like for you to be a subject in an upcoming issue if you're willing!

TX Runner Girl said...

Wow, thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I'm already glad I joined!

Pony, I'd be happy to be the subject of a meet the member article. :-)

Steeeve, I'm not very good at buffets! I tend to try too much at once, so I will probably have to use some self constraint! LOL!