Thursday, November 13, 2008

Almost there...

Wednesday, 11/12 - P90X, Legs & Shoulders - 58 minutes
OMG my butt and legs hurt today. I must have stepped it up a bit on this workout, because I am not usually this sore! But, it was a great workout!

Thursday, 11/13 - Treadmill run, 20 minutes, 11:30 pace
Easy peasy run on the ol' dreadmill. The hill and shin are aching a bit, but nothing to worry about.

*************************************

It's almost time to head to the hill country....I have mine and the kiddo's stuff packed up and ready to go! I'll be at a Wellness Symposium most of the day, but will be sneaking out early so we can hit the road before the traffic gets bad. I decided on my new long-sleeve under armour top with my capris...but, I'm bringing the running skirt too just in case. LOL!

*************************************
In other news, I went to see nutritionist extraordinaire, Catherine, today! She did a metabolic rate test and gave me some great tips. Apparently, my metabolic rate is slightly higher than average, which means if I do what I'm supposed to be doing, I should lose the weight!
And, I found out that I am not eating enough calories! I've lost over 5 lbs in the past 4 weeks and that was eating only 1400 calories a day. Based on the amount of exercise I do, I should be able to eat 1800-1900 calories a day and still lose weight weekly! But, I have to eat the right foods, which is my big challenge (ummm, remember the Halloween candy?). If I keep eating the 1400 calories, I will keep losing weight but I could eventually slow my metabolism.
And, she recommended this cookbook - Cooking Light 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook - which I have already ordered from Amazon.com. We also talked about getting the kiddo to eat our food instead of chicken nuggets and macaroni everyday.
I think I can hit my goal weight with a little help from the expert!

1 comment:

Viv said...

Good luck this weekend!!

That is awesome on seeing the nutritionist. ...I need to seek some assistance soon so I delegat points to foods that will help me, instead of crap.