Sunday, November 09, 2008

First, let me say congrats to everyone who ran the HMSA 25k this morning! I volunteered for that race last year when I was preggo and loved watching all the runners come in! I worked the relay area awhile and then removed chips from peoples shoes. I figured it was the least I could do after having so many people cut the chip off of my sweaty self. :-) Again, congrats to everyone who ran it and finished...you're almost done with the warm-up series and ready to for your big day! And, if you've never run the HMSA 25k, they have awesome finisher's shirts!!!


********************************
The Saturday Woodland's Fit run was 8 miles. Thank God for good company because I was really not feeling it in the last mile. I don't know why, but I was so worried about the 10-miler last week and had no problems whatsoever. Then, I bonk at mile 7 this week. I think it's all mental, because after running 10, I think that 8 is no big deal and get myself thinking that it will be even easier than it really is. This run brought back memories of last year...I did about the same distance the day before I found out I was preggo. It's great to be back! Oh, and it was great to see Karen and Jon this morning too!

********************************
Next weekend is the San Antonio Rock & Roll 1/2! We worked out all the logistics for the weekend - where to meet, what to wear, what to bring, what not to bring, etc. I am sooooo looking forward to this weekend with the girls! (Well, I will have part of the weekend with the girls - I'll take what I can get!) I found out the official race drink will be Cytomax, which I have never tried. After my experience with Accelerade, I think I'll play it safe and bring my fuel belt.

********************************
As for the rest of the weekend, we had lots of family time together. Today we went to Discovery Green for the 1st time. While it's no Central Park (as if anything could be), it was pretty cool. The hubby, munchkin and I hung out on a big blanket while the kiddo played like crazy on the playground equipment. She also had a blast rolling down the "big hill". I have lots of pics, so I'll post a few later this week. I am about to spend the rest of the evening addressing birthday party invites for the kiddo. Disney Princess seems to be what it's all about this year...:-) Ugh, and don't even get me started on A&M's ass whooping this weekend....
Workout Stats
Saturday, Woodlands Fit LR - 8 miles, 1:28:50, 11:06 pace?
Sunday, P90X - Shoulders & Arms, 58 minutes -and- Ab Ripper X, 15 minutes

No comments: