Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Let the obsessing begin!


As before any race, especially an out of town race, I am obsessing over all the details - checking the weather forecast 2x a day - too cold, too hot or just right?, deciding and then re-deciding what to wear - the capris or the skirt?, fixating on what to eat - more protein or carbs?, etc.

The weather forecast (per wunderground.com) appears to be perfect:

Saturday Night and Sunday
Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 30s. Highs in the upper 60s.

I don't know why I am obsessing so much. I'm treating this race merely as a training run, but at the same time I want to be comfortably dressed, well fed and have a good time...so that requires some amount of obsessing, right?

3 comments:

Viv said...

When you are done with the book can you let me borrow it? It is totally normal to obsess about races or events. If you did'nt then I would worry..LOL!

Thanks to your Papa for serving our country :)

Marcy said...

It's all abotu the outfit, chica LOL

Steeeve said...

Have a great run Sunday; first Rock 'n Roll event in Texas history, and you were there!