Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A!

Monday, 4/27 - Treadmill run - 3 miles, 32:38, 10:52 pace

I headed off to the Y near my office for a treadmill run yesterday during lunch. I felt the need for more miles since I didn't get in a long run over the weekend.

I don't know what happened, but it was probably the best treadmill run I've had in awhile. I decided to make it a tempo run. I had a good warm-up and cool down and in between I maintained a faster than usual pace. I can never seem to get under an 11-minute pace on the treadmill unless I am doing some mock speedwork. Maybe it was because I was distracted with the local news on the TV. Or, maybe it was the music on the ipod that kept the feet moving. I dunno, but it felt great! I was sweating like a pig afterward, but even that felt great!

It was great to come home with the kiddos after work and not have to squeeze in a workout after they were in bed! Tomorrow it's back to lunch time spin class and more laps after work.

No comments: