Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Lazy girl

Okay, call me lazy!

By the time I made it home from work, did all the normal things to get ready for the next day, got the kiddo into bed, and changed into my running clothes it was 8:40 pm. I walked to my treadmill, stood on it, stretched and decided that I just didn't feel like running. Weird! It occurred to me (thanks to my good friend Marlina), that I only have 2 more weeks of studying before I have to take the certification exam for my job. The dear old "Professional Human Resources" (PHR) certification....and I am no where near being ready! So, as I stood there on my trusty "dreadmill", I decided that I should study for the next couple of hours instead.

Part of me thinks that the lack of desire to run on my treadmill is also partially due to me being really spoiled. I have really gotten used to running with my friends, Pam and Kay, at the park. Running with friends is soooo much more fun than running on a treadmill...even when the treadmill is in the nice, cool A/C and directly in front of a tv.

I also know that once HoustonFit starts up again on Saturday, I will have to stick to my weekday runs. Right now, just for this week, I still have an option. :-)

I will try it again today. I brought my running clothes to work, but just checked the weather forecast and it is going to be 94 today. That, paired with the humidity, makes for a miserable after work run. Sounds like a good treadmill day to me!

Before I forget....Kudos are in order for fellow blogger and HoustonFit-er, Bob! He PRed in the Houston Heights 5K on Saturday!!! Wooohooo Bob!

Run long and Livestrong!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think taking a break now and then is a good idea :-)

Oh, and thank you for the heckling. It made me chuckle and I'm sure spurred me to the PR.