Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ouch

Since I've been experiencing some lower leg pain for the past week, I decided to take it easy this week. I figure since HoustonFit starts up again next week, I will give the legs a bit of a rest. I would hate to overdo it, make matters worse and then not be able to train.

Tuesday night I did my usual core conditioning exercises and worked on my arms with some free weights and pushups. I am determined to get rid of that nasty flabbiness of my upper arms!

Wednesday, thanks to the rain, I decided to run 30 minutes on the treadmill (boring!). I barely made it 20 minutes into my run when my lower legs couldn't take it anymore. I don't know what that's about...the pain is not in my shins, but not in my calf, just somewhere in the middle. I used the RICE technique, so I hope that will help. I will take it easy until the 5K on Saturday. Kay and I were planning to do a Memorial loop before the race, but now I'm not so sure.

I did find out that registration has already closed for the Chicago Marathon! I am so glad that I didn't procrastinate (as I tend to do) and I registered over a month ago. So, I am all set...I have my flight booked, hotel reservations, race registration paid for and even tickets for the architectural boat tour purchased. It's tough not having any other plans to make...now I just have to train and hope I survive the long training runs in the Houston heat! I'm not good at waiting, so I know October will not come quick enough.

Speaking of waiting, I am still waiting for my "official" GMAT score and to hear back from the MBA program I applied to...it's taking waaaay too long and patience is not my forte'! Keep your fingers crossed that everything will work out the way it's supposed to.

Take Care!
Run long and Livestrong

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Take care of that leg. Maybe a couple of weeks of NSAIDS will help. Definitely keep up the RICE, emphasis on the R. Look forward to hearing about your journey preparing for Chicago.

Tiggs said...

Welcome to the HRB RC!!!! So glad you joined us. Can't wait to meet ya!