Sunday, June 17, 2007

Break Over

It was time for the break from running to end, a week was long enough. So, I woke up at 5:30 for a treadmill run. The kiddo and I were taking the hubby to an early breakfast for Father's Day, so there wasn't time to get to the park and back for a run. I hate the treadmill, so I decided to pick out a movie to watch while running. The tv above my treadmill has an old VCR attached, and the only old VHS I could find without digging through boxes was West Side Story...so, West Side Story it was.

I ran 5 miles in 55:51 and then cooled down with a walk until I reached the one hour mark. Not exactly a LONG run, but it was a start. I may have been indoors, but I was sweating like a pig. It felt good to be runnig again! And, after two Father's Day celebrations - breakfast with the hubby and dinner with my Dad - burning the extra calories couldn't hurt.

Happy Father's Day to all those Dads out there!

No comments: