Friday, June 15, 2007

Swimming 1, Mother Nature 2

Gotta love this time of year! It could be gorgeous all day long and then, right in time for rush hour - BOOM! Thunder, lightening, dark clouds... That's pretty much what has happened every day this week. Once again, the change in weather occured right about the time my swim class was set to begin. Bummer! I made a mental note to bring both my swim and running gear from now on. Not that it would have made a bit of difference yesterday. There was thunder and lightening...and this runnergirl does not mess with lightening!

I decided to wait around at the pool for a bit to see if the nasty weather would blow through. I'm glad I did! I ran into Coach Gaye, Coach Fred, Alisa and Bob of Houston Fit. They too were waiting to see what the weather was going to do. Unfortunately, it only got worse and I decided to head home. Little did I know, I was going to have to drive through a monsoon on the way home! Seriously, the freeway looked like a lake in some areas with water rising all the way up into to the far left lane. And, the wind was crazy...I saw sheets of rain flying sideways! Naturally, when I finally arrived at my exit, it looked like it had hardly rained at all. Apparently the storms had not made it to my house yet. Because of this, I'm pretty sure the hubby thought my recount of the story driving home was all exaggeration.

Today, I brought both running and swim gear with me. Hopefully, I'll be able to do one or the other. I don't feel like I've had a real workout all week!

By the way, the summer school crap is getting really old. It has pretty much taken every spare minute I have to finish all of this week's assignments. Only 7 more weeks left, only 7 more weeks left...I'm just going to keep reminding myself of this.

No comments: