Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Yikes...

Sorry for the lack of posting! The weekend was a whirlwind of activity!

I did get in a run on Wednesday...a very lazy 3 miles.

Thursday and Friday were consumed with homework. Saturday was school all day and swimsuit shopping (that could be the subject of an entirely different post!). Sunday, I managed to get in a 6-miler at the park. Next was playgroup, then off to the library while the kiddo hung out with the grandparents. Then I picked her up and we headed to Chuck E. Cheese for a birthday party for one of the kiddo's school friends. Yes, even at age 2, she as a social calendar. This coming weekend, there are two parties on the agenda! I think we'll be doing good to make it to one of those.

By the way, I did squeeze in an hour to say goodbye to my favorite tv family and watch the Sopranos series finale.



Did anyone else think their cable went out at the end? I was pretty disappointed in the ending at first, but now I am just happy that my favorite folks didn't get whacked and that life goes on as normal...well, as normal as possible for the head mobster of NJ. :-)

Work is certainly getting busier. I think my grace period as "the new girl" is over! Don't get me wrong, I am really enjoying it. The job is much more interesting than my previous job, but also much, much more challenging.

Add my school schedule to that and I am a bit stressed. Economics is kicking my butt! I thought Accounting and Statistics were tough, but Econ seems like a whole new language. All the damn curves on the graphs..supply, demand, indifference, income effect, shifting, movement along the line, elasticity, consumer behavior, ugh! It makes my head spin. I was at the library late last night trying to figure it all out. Oh, and we are doing some work on our house. Nothing big, just a couple of new windows, some new kitchen counter tops and bathroom tile. Just enough to make our house look like a mini war zone for awhile! I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I am a neat freak. It's probably a good thing I'm spending so much time at school, because spending too much time in a dirty, dusty house would drive me insane. ;-)

I may be MIA for days at a time for the next 10 weeks. But rest assured, I am going to be running. Maybe not as many miles as I would like, but I will be there. It's going to be a very long summer!

2 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

hey, i actually just rented season one so i have been trying to fast forward through all this series finale stuff everywhere. but i don't think i'm doing a good job because i'm just too curious...

good luck with the schedule this summer.

Michelle said...

Hang in there!! It may be tough now, but it will be worth it in the end!

I am starting school again in the fall to pursue a career in nursing. I have a BA in journalism and that was my field until I had kids. But now I have to go back to school to do what I really want (L&D nurse), and I am scared! I know it will be fine, but it's been almost 10 years since I graduated and the thought is just intimidating. I am just thankful I don't have to work on top of taking care of the two kids and school. Hats off to you!