Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Missed Opportunities..

Monday I was supposed to meet Jenn at the Nat for a swim. It's the last Monday they'll be open before closing down for maintenance....in other words, my last opportunity to swim 50s before TriGirl. Once they re-open in September, they'll be set up for short course. Unfortunately, I somehow managed to turn off my alarm clock in my sleep after hitting the snooze button once. I may have been extra sleepy due to the munchkin waking up 2x (damn teething!) and the kiddo waking up 3x (dunno what happened!) the previous night. I dunno, but I woke up at 5:45 - there was no way I'd be able to get dressed and drive to the Nat and still have time to swim more than about 20 minutes...it hardly seemed worth it. Grrrrr.... I felt bad for flaking out on Jenn, but I am sure she understood.

I packed my running clothes so I could head to the Y on my lunch break and run 3 miles on the dreadmill. However, that didn't work out either. The hubby offered to meet me for lunch, so I didn't mind missing that workout! :-) Of course that meant I had to run on the treadmill when the kiddos were finally in bed. Naturally, the kiddo had other plans for me. I put her to bed, then headed downstairs to do the usual stuff to get ready for the next day - make lunches, wash bottles, get clothes ready, etc. Every 5 minutes, the kiddo would call me and tell me she really needed me to come to her room:

"I need to tell you something!", she'd say. When I'd get to her room she'd tell me, "I have to go potty" or "Hannah pushed me on the playground...I forgot to tell you earlier", or "I love you". Yeah, that last one was cute and I am sure it won't be long before she feels the opposite towards me, but seriously..it took me 2x as long to get everything done. It was 9:40 pm when I got on the treadmill, so I ended up doing a wimpy 20-minute run.

Workout Stats - Monday, August 3
Treadmill Run - 20 minutes, 10:42 pace

No comments: