Friday, March 20, 2009

Bike

Friday, 3/20 – Bike ride, 1 hour

I finally had an opportunity to get on the bike again! It had been 3 weeks since my last ride. I’ve been going to spin classes during that time, but I realize it’s not the same. It’s been hard to fit in the bike rides outdoors just because of the normal stuff – family, work, vacation, etc.

The weather was perfect! There was a bit of wind, but nothing too bad. It was Friday when I realized that I had worked out everyday since Saturday…because of that and my 10-miler (run) scheduled for the next day, I decided to take it pretty easy on the bike. My quads were still sore from Thursday’s spin class, so even more reason to not push it. The result? 14.8 miles! Not awesome, but not too shabby either. I’m still contemplating buying new pedals and shoes before the tri…we’ll see! With stuff happening at work, I don’t want to spend any more than necessary right now.

No comments: