Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Day 3 - still workin' out

This morning I began my day with a 20 minute core workout. I only got in 1 rep of each exercise due to my snooze button addiction...is there a support group for that? :-)

This evening, I ran for 35 minutes on the dreadmill. My left shin is still sore, so after running the 1st 15 minutes at a 10:54 pace, I slowed it way down to a 11:30 pace and took a few walk breaks. Afterwards, I did some stretches and iced the shin for about 15 minutes. Although I want to keep doing the 2-a-days, I may ease up on the running a little until the 1/2 marathon is done. It's times like these when I wish I had a bike...even a stationary one would be good.

It's hard to believe that the marathon is almost here. As I read everyone's posts about running the full, I feel a slight twinge of envy. I wish I was running the full. However, as I am running my 1/2, I am sure I will be thankful that I decided to run the shorter distance instead. My legs will thank me too. I'll try to save some marathon tips for next week...stay tuned.

On a different note, is anyone else as excited as I am about seeing the "Grease: You're the One That I Want" reality show? Yep, I know it looks incredibly cheesey, but I love Grease! I remember seeing the movie in the theatre at the age of 6. My parents had already seen it and figured that I would love the music and that the innuendos would fly right over my head. (They were right) Oh how I wanted to be a Pink Lady! Later, they bought me an 8-track of the soundtrack. Stop laughing...yes, we had an 8-track! In fact, my parents kept that thing well into my high school years! Or maybe it was college....anyway, my friends and I would act out the movie while trying to sing all the songs in our living room. My Mom hated it when I sang "Sandra Dee"...hell, I had no idea what the word virginity meant. Ah, good times, good times!

Running Stats
Conditions - Dreadmill
Total Run Time - 35 minutes
Total Distance - 3 miles
Pace - 11:40

Workout Stats
20-minute Core Workout

WW Stats
WW StatsTotal pts allowed - 20
Additional activity pts earned - 4
Total points consumed - 23

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grease was my all time favorite movie until not too long ago. ;>) I saw it as many times as I could and had the record. We did have an 8-track player though. Good times, good times!

Anonymous said...

Back to say I watched the little Grease show clip and it looks sooooo good!!!!!!!! I will so be watching with you!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I didn't have the Grease 8-track, but I had the one for Saturday Night Fever!

How about some of my tape for that shin?

Anonymous said...

i'm jealous of those running the full too--however, I felt the same way last year until the half turnaround. At that point when the fulls had to go on straight and I got to turn I was happy! see ya suckers! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I will never understand the whole "snooze" button thing. My wife hits it three or four times. Why not just set your alarm for later...