Friday, January 12, 2007

Update

I just arrived home from the Houston Fit Red Group Pasta Party.

Talk about a great day! I took a few hours of vacation this afternoon....that always makes for a great Friday. After I left, I went to see The Pursuit of Happyness. I loved it! Will Smith and his son were both great and the story was very inspiring. There was also a group of about 30 people there from a local marketing company...apparently, their boss loved the movie so much, he wanted his entire staff to see the movie. Gee, talk about a nice boss!

Next, I went to the Expo. I love the Expo! Every year, I get all giddy just walking from the parking lot to the Expo. Between seeing all my fellow runners, all the cool running gear and knowing I'm about to run a race, it's so exciting. (Yes, once again, I have proved that I am a dork!) This was the 1st time I've had a chance to take the time to really see everything. Every year, it seems like I'm either in a big hurry or have the kiddo with me. This time, I had a chance to check out every booth...this was also a bad thing, because I kept finding stuff that I wanted to buy! I ended up getting this shirt for me:



I also bought the kiddo a "Future Marathoner" t-shirt, plus a Chevron Houston Marathon Koozie and a few packs of Gu. All in all, I didn't do too much damage to the budget. It could have been much worse! OMG, I also saw the medal for the Phoenix Rock 'n Roll marathon...can we say HUGE BLING? Actually, I saw quite a few awesome medals....hmmm, time to start planning for the post-Houston races.

Last but not least, I headed to the Pasta party. A great time was had by all. I met up with my Red Group 5/1 peeps Kay, Pam, Rebecca, Tricia, Trina, Bob and of course Coach Gaye & Coach Fred. (I know I'm forgetting someone!) We swapped marathon stories, tried to predict the forecast (and gave up) and ate some awesome pasta. It was loads of fun!

Oh, I almost forgot...my birthday present arrived today! Thank you to my dear sweet hubby!!!


Tomorrow, it's the grocery store in the AM and some down time with the kiddo. Then, the Strider's Pasta Party. Finally, we're heading off to see...............


Aren't you green with envy?????? :-)

If I don't post again before the Marathon, good luck to EVERYONE!!!! I will be thinking of you out there on the road. Don't forget that I will be out there on Allen Parkway with my bag of goodies...let me know if you need anything, even a pep talk. I know you are all going to kick some major assphalt!

9 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I hope to see you, either before the race begins or on Allen Parkway.

Where will you be exactly, btw? I think my husband will be at the corner where Memorial does that little dog-leg onto Shepherd, and he may run with me to the Mile 23 sign.

Sarah said...

Woohoo, Garmin!! A cheaper one, I trust. ;)

Anonymous said...

Have a great run on Sunday! You'll do great!

Junie B said...

i saw that shirt!! and loved the color but it said Mom in there so i couldnt get it!

but i did get 2 of their shirts, one of which i will be wearing at the pasta party :)

Junie B said...

oh yeah it said WIFE too, i forgot about that... :)

Anonymous said...

Christy, pleasure meeting you today! Run like the wind tomorrow, er, with the wind, er, hope there's no wind. Never mind. Do gooood!

Steeeve

Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

Christy!
it was nice to meet you Saturday!

can't wait to read your marathon report!
-Jessica

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you on the course yesterday!!

Can't wait to read your report - I am sure you did great!

Junie B said...

if you dont post an update we are gonna kick you out!!! :)