Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

So here we are - the start of another new year!



I thought 2006 was amazing with the PHR, GMAT, start of grad school and 3 marathons....but 2007 was amazing in its own way.


Despite the crazy school schedule, I managed to finish four 1/2 marathons and quite a few 5k's (no PRs, but all with respectable finish times). It was another successful school year - all A's and one B...not too shabby for someone who sucks royally at Finance (the B class). And, being a Mom was even more fun this year than last. Everytime the kiddo gets a little older, the hubby and I say, "This is such a fun age!". Then, the kiddo gets a little older and we say it again. In 2007, we finally paid off every bit of debt...that is, until the hubby decided he just had to have a brand new truck. Oh well! Of course, there's also the new job and my new hobby - cycling! I won't count swimming as a new hobby yet, since I haven't done any "laps" since my lessons in June. That will have to wait until grad school is over.


I suspect 2008 will be even better. A baby in May, graduating with a MBA in August, a new house sometime in there and who knows what else. I'm not really one to make resolutions, so I won't go there. I do have a goal though - to enjoy life every day and do what makes me happy. Very cliche', I know. But with so much going on, it's easy to get all wrapped up in the little day-to-day drama. I want to avoid that, because honestly, I have way too much to be thankful for! For the first time since my 1st pregnancy in 2004, I don't think 2008 will be a year of running for me. Hmmmm...I may need to change the name of my blog for a little while. ;-)


Finally, thanks to those who responded to my last post! That's what I have enjoyed most about blogging - learning from others and hearing different perspectives. Thanks a million!

No comments: