Shining Moments of 2008
I started out this year pregnant and running slowly. Instead of running this 1/2 in January as planned, I ended up volunteering so I could live vicariously through those who could run and run fast. That was an awesome experience and would recommend it to anyone who can't run the marathon or 1/2 for whatever reason. So here goes...
- Bought a house in February
- Moved into said house in March
- Had the sweetest, most precious baby boy in May and walked in my graduation ceremony 2 weeks later
- Finished my MBA in August
(I did the above while working full-time and being preggo!)
- Joined Woodlands Fit in July, but didn't get to run with them again until late August
- Made some awesome friends through Woodlands Fit!
- Survived Hurricane Ike and 12 days with no power (which is a PITA with a 3 year old and a 4-month old)
- Ran the San Antonio ½ marathon with new friends :-) - even through I was slow, it far exceeded my expectations 5 months post baby!
- Got back to our budget after the house purchase - learned to play the "Grocery Game"
- Hooked up with nutritionist extraordinaire, lost 13 lbs and got back to my pre-pregnancy weight!
- Continue the weight loss until I reach my goal weight (goal for this is March 15)
- Train for and finish at least 1 triathlon - I've signed up for the TriGirl Super Sprint in May
- If I enjoy the tri in May - sign up for at least 2 more!
- Running - begin implementing speed work 1x per week and get into the 10 minute range again
- Complete at least 3 1/2 marathons in 2009 - I'm doing the Houston 1/2, Zuma Austin, but I'm not sure about the 3rd...maybe White Rock?
- Take some swim lessons! On this, I don't even know where to start. I haven't set goals for pace yet, since I am not really sure where I stand now
- Be more patient - especially with the hubby & the kids
- Play more, stress less
- Find a new church near our home and attend regularly
- Stick to budget and finish our emergency fund
- Start the baby's 529 plan
- Get organized in every aspect of my life - work and home
- Work to improve on the areas of my job that I understand the least - and be better about tolerating the areas that like the least :-)
That's it for 2009...I think it's enough!!!