Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Speed Work"

I haven't done speed work since before the baby. Well, since I was preggo with the baby. I haven't consistently done speedwork...well, since before I started grad school. That would be over 2 years! And yes, I know you can't do "real" speedwork on the treadmill...hey, I gotta work with what I've got, okay???

Since it's been soooo long, I decided to start from the beginning. I went and looked at my old Houston Fit schedules....way back to the 1st week of speed training. The schedule called for 8 x 30/30. I did a 10-minute warm-up, 10x30/30 (added 2 more for good measure) and finished with a 10-minute cool-down. Then, I ran a little longer just to finish up an even 2-miles. It's a start I guess!

Workout Stats
Wednesday, 1/28 - 21:15, 2 miles, 10:37 pace

1 comment:

Viv said...

WHOOHO the speed runner girl is in! look at that pace!! So have you picked THE TRI??? inquiring minds are dying to know.